If you are installing the LockLizard administration server on a TEST system you can use Xampp. Xampp comes with MCrypt, MySQL, BZip, ZLIB and GD, so you only need to add Ioncube.
Xampp is a fast working solution that will work out of the box, but is NOT recommended for a production environment.
- If you are looking to install your production system on a Linux server then use Zend Server or similar because it’s designed for a production environment;
- If you are looking to install your production system on a Windows server then use the latest Windows Server version with IIS. You can have PHP+MySQL installed as easy as it is with Xampp using IIS Web Platform Installer. Instructions for IIS are included in the Safeguard Administration Installation manual.
Instructions for a Windows TEST system using Xampp:
- Download and install Xampp from http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html;
- Download and extract Ioncube (choose the “Windows VC9 (x86)” version) from http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php;
- Extract and copy the folder containing Ioncube to your document root folder, “C:\xampp\htdocs” (unless an alternative folder was used during installation). Ensure the folder you copied into “htdocs” is named “ioncube”;
- Open the PHP.ini file located in “C:\xampp\php” and add: zend_extension=”C:\xampp\htdocs\ioncube\ioncube_loader_win_5.4.dll directly under the “XDebug” tag, ensuring it’s the first zend extension listed in the ini file;
- Restart the Apache service in Xampp control panel or Windows services.
Now the environment is ready to be installed to.