This error message is displayed if you do not have an Internet connection. The Viewer software is trying to connect to the Internet to validate your license. Connect to the Internet and then try registering again.
If you do have an Internet connection then:
- check that a firewall is not preventing pdcviewer.exe from accessing the Internet.
- check that a firewall is not blocking port 443.
- If you are using a proxy, check that the proxy settings have been entered in the Viewer software – Windows Start menu > Programs > Locklizard > Safeguard > PDF Viewer > Proxy Settings.
If you are hosting the Safeguard Admin system on your own server:
- Check whether our test license works – http://www.locklizard.com/Safeguard_demo/download_license.php?file=Demo_User.llv – if it does then you can rule out a firewall or proxy issue.
- If your Locklizard administration system has been installed in the root folder, install it in a sub-folder instead. So instead of www.mydomain.com, use www.mydomain.com/locklizardadmin/