If you experience problems while installing the Viewer or Writer on a Windows PC then follow these clean installation steps to rule out common issues that can stop the software from working properly:
- Remove the keystore and de-install the software.
- Disable UAC in the Windows Control Panel: From Windows Control Panel: “User Accounts > Change User Account Control Settings > Never Notify”.
In Windows 8 & above – Press the Windows Key and start typing “Control Panel”. Click the Control Panel shortcut. In the top right of the control panel type “UAC” into the search box. Click Change User Account Control settings and disable it.
- ENSURE all antivirus and security software is disabled and there is no resident security software running.
- Restart the computer, and ENSURE you are logged in with administrative privileges.
- Re-download and re-install the software. You must right-click the install file and select “Run as administrator”.
After you have completed these steps, re-register your license file.
Installing the Viewer on behalf of users across a network?
- When checking the box “Run this program as an administrator” under the Privilege Level section click on “Change settings for all users”.
- Give Full Access (so, all permissions checked) to the entire PDCViewer folder.