This error occurs during registration time if you do not have Windows administration rights on your computer. Only a user with Windows admin rights can register the viewer license.
If you are logged on as a Windows Administrator and you still receive this error message then turn off Windows UAC (user account control) and try registering again.
If you have tried the above and are still experiencing this issue then you must enable compatibility mode for the program.
- Locate the program by pressing the Windows Key and typing: View
- Look for the appropriate program – for example View Documents (PDCViewer.exe) or View Flash (PFDViewer.exe) depending on which product you have installed.
- Right click on it and choose Open File Location at the bottom of the screen.
- Right click on the exe name it has preselected for you and choose Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3)’.