Double click on the license file that was sent to you for the Writer software. If you have done this and you still receive this error then follow the steps below:
- Check that a firewall is not preventing PDCWriter.exe from accessing the Internet. Check that ports 443/80 are open on your firewall (note port numbers may differ for own server installations);
- Make sure you are NOT trying to register over a VPN/remote connection. You MUST have a direct Internet connection from the computer registering the Writer software. If you have registered over a VPN/remote connection then remove your Writer keystore (off the Windows Start menu > LockLizard > Safeguard PDF Security > Writer > Remove Keystore) and register again using a direct Internet connection;
- If you access the Internet using a Proxy Server or have proxy settings set up in Internet Explorer then they also need to be entered in the Writer Software (off the Windows Start menu > LockLizard > Safeguard PDF Security > Writer > Proxy Settings);
- Check that the license file you are using is the latest version. If a password change has occurred on the account and you are trying to register using a license file before this change occurred then it will not work;
- Try registering the Writer software on a different computer.